YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Student Authors

As the end of the year is upon us, I have decided to give my students an opportunity to use Storybird to create stories of their own. I must say, for all of the ways in which I do not like Storybird, it has sparked creativity in my students. For two hours each day this past week my students have used Storybird to create some stories of their very own. I modeled how to create a story, showed them my own digital story (a few posts back), and set them free. What I saw happen was amazing. My students were completely engaged in their stories. They were excited to share them with their peers and many students took it upon themselves to assist their friends when problems arose. I was so impressed with the stories and illustrated poems that were published this week. Take a peek at some of the stories created by student authors...



A story by Kwaku

A haiku by Emily



A diamante poem by Ray


1 comment:

  1. Your students' Storybird stories are so adorable! It's nice to hear how engaged your students' were in writing at the end of the school year. Maybe you sparked some excitement so that they will try creating a Storybird story over the summer.

    ReplyDelete