YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Reflecting

As this graduate course comes to an end, I can honestly say that this was one of my favorite classes and one of the ones that I feel I learned lots that I can implement into my own classroom. My favorite element of this class was the time that was given to us to explore the various different online tools that were brand new to most of us. Some of my favorite tools that I was exposed to during this course are Animoto, VoiceThread, Edmodo, Wordle, Storybird, Padlet, and Kidblog. My biggest take away from this class was becoming involved in the Global Read Aloud Project. I have already started to connect with teachers across the globe and I am truly looking forward to the Fall to experience this global connection using books. Each week I enjoyed using this blog as a platform to share what I was learning and to follow other teachers, including my colleagues in this course. I plan to use Kidblog in the fall with my new second grade group of students and to hopefully use it to connect with other classes through the GRA. Padlet conversations, Animoto videos and stories created using Storybird were favorites among my own students and I look forward to using them more in the future. Below is a Wordle that I created to reflect upon my time in EDUC584, Integrating Technology and Literacy.


Wordle: EDUC584

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,

    Please stay in touch next year to keep me posted on the Global Read Aloud. I would love to know about classes you connect with and how students respond to a global literacy project.

    ReplyDelete